Error yarn start:services

Dear everyone,

I am installing Editoria on Debian 10 server.
Docker version 20.10.6
Docker-compose version 1.27.4

While executing this command ~/editoria# yarn it given many warnings

> yarn install v1.22.10

[1/4] Resolving packages…
[2/4] Fetching packages…
warning compression-webpack-plugin@2.0.0: Invalid bin field for “compression-webpack-plugin”.
warning " > eslint-config-pubsweet@0.0.6" has incorrect peer dependency “prettier@1.8.2”.
[4/4] Building fresh packages…
$ node ./server/vivliostyle/install.js
Done in 490.49s.

and while executing the command ~editoria #yarn start:services the result as here
> yarn run v1.22.10

$ docker-compose up language-tool db-epubchecker db-xsweet db-icml db-pagedjs epubchecker xsweet icml pagedjs
WARNING: The MAILER_USER variable is not set. Defaulting to a blank string.
WARNING: The MAILER_PASSWORD variable is not set. Defaulting to a blank string.
WARNING: The MAILER_HOSTNAME variable is not set. Defaulting to a blank string.
Creating network “editoria_default” with the default driver
Creating volume “editoria_minio_storage” with default driver
ERROR: No such service: language-tool
error Command failed with exit code 1.
info Visit https://yarnpkg.com/en/docs/cli/run for documentation about this command.

please give any advices. Thanks

Hi @ainul.rafiq, even though yarn command has warnings it has finished successfully.

You have to follow the other steps for installation now. Based on this you don’t need to run yarn start:services to start the app.

However if you need to run this command the error says that language-tool is not a service, so you have to fix the pacakge.json file and probably change the command to:
"start:services": "docker-compose up db-epubchecker db-xsweet db-icml db-pagedjs epubchecker xsweet icml pagedjs"
But @alexgeorg knows better if this change should be made, but this will fix your error and start the services.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Hi @sidorelauku, thank you so much for the reply.

steps from installation I followed Installing Editoria book publishing platform (pakjiddat.netlify.app), and I did this:

1. clone the repo
  2. install yarn from npm
  3. install yarn for editoria dependency
  4. make a development.env file
  5. run yart start:service

Thank you

This article is old and since then there are changes on the app.
So you should follow the instructions from the official repo of Editoria. Do you want to install in development or production environment?

Oh, thanks for your mention.

We want to install for production environment

In that case your steps are:

1. clone the repo
  2. run yarn
  3. make a production.env file
  4. run source <your env file>
  5. docker-compose -f docker-compose.production.yml up

In the case of production environment you have to first deploy the services epub-checker, icml, pagedjs, xsweet, minio file server and then go through steps above .
After you have deployed all the services then for each one you will have to create a client id and client secret in order for your instance of editoria to be able to communicate with each service so when you have all these tokens you will have to declare them in your env for Editoria.
Another option is to pull the services from dockerhub: https://hub.docker.com/u/cokoapps so you can use prebuild images, instead of installing and building each service yourself.
Still you need to have your own host for postgres or connect to other similar db.

I have deployed environment for production. What should I fill in the production.env file details as mentioned from install.md?