User error in logs after running the yarn start:services

Hi,
I am running the editoria on ubuntu,

but when I tried it in the browser and logged in with my username and password.

I started getting in db connection logs as well as in the running services logs.
below is the error.

UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: error: no PostgreSQL user name specified in startup packet
job-xsweet | at Function.raw (/home/node/node_modules/knex/lib/util/make-knex.js:48:30)
job-xsweet | at Object.executeSql (/home/node/node_modules/pubsweet-server/src/jobs/index.js:19:17)
job-xsweet | at Contractor.isInstalled (/home/node/node_modules/pg-boss/lib/contractor.js:1462:20)
job-xsweet | at Contractor.connect (/home/node/node_modules/pg-boss/lib/contractor.js:1539:17)
job-xsweet | at PgBoss.connect (/home/node/node_modules/pg-boss/lib/index.js:1816:36)
job-xsweet | at connectToJobQueue (/home/node/node_modules/pubsweet-server/src/jobs/index.js:75:16)
job-xsweet | at handleJobs (/home/node/src/xsweet.js:114:26)
job-xsweet | at Object. (/home/node/src/xsweet.js:121:1)
job-xsweet | at Module._compile (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:816:30)
job-xsweet | at Object.Module._extensions…js (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:827:10)
job-xsweet | at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:685:32)
job-xsweet | at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:620:12)
job-xsweet | at Function.Module.runMain (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:877:12)

please help me to get rid of this.

Thanks

@alexgeorg or @kominoshja might have an idea

Hello there,
Thanks for reaching out! It seems to me like an environment variables problem. Could you share with me what is your postgres host value in your <profile>.env file? Also did you followed the steps described in the README.md file of editoria vanilla?

hello team,

I am able to resolve the above error. as mentioned by alexgeorg i had to clear the cache and then re in stall.

thanks

1 Like